Flight chronicles of the backpacker Tutubi, with travelogues, pictures/photos/videos, travel guides, independent and honest reviews, affordable, recommended resorts and hotels (including inns, guesthouses, pension houses, lodges, hostels, condotels, bed and breakfast and other cheap accommodations), commuting guides, routes (sometimes street maps and GPS coordinates/waypoints) and driving directions to answer "how to get there" questions, information and tips on tourism, budget travel and living in Philippines, Exotic Asia and beyond!
Backpacking, independent travel, and flashpacking are cheaper than the "cheapest package tours" and promotional offers around but you can also use travel information for family vacations, even romantic honeymoon destinations.
More than the usual tourist spots and "places to see," this blog advocates heritage conservation, environmental protection, and history awareness for Filipinos, foreigners, and ex-pats wishing to explore Paradise Philippines and Exotic Asia!
Family Bonding Places Suggestions for Christmas and New Years Day
For family bonding away from the usual malls on Christmas and New Years Day, plenty of places to visit and while away the time with the last suggestion for the really meaningful one.
1. Rizal Park, the normal pasyalan of old had to make way to ever expanding malls but this one has a new entertainment with the rejuvenated colorful dancing fountain at night.
2. Manila Ocean park pair this with Luneta, walking distance away, and you have a different kind of Christmas trip.
3. Quezon Memorial Circle, not just for morning joggers exercises, there are several restaurants in Quezon Memorial Circle e.g. Serye, Max's, Bacolod Chicken Inasal, Tropical Hut and lots of eateries nearby. There's also Circle of Fun with fun rides for the kids and the young-at-heart.
4. Star City at CCP Complex with their rides for the whole family.
5. Enchanted Kingdom, not literally in Metro Manila but quite near so included here, the theme park that still enchants the whole family.
6. Greenhills Shopping Center with bargains at the bazaar and the moving Christmas display that used to attract hordes of people to the defunct COD in Cubao.
7. Watch Kaos the Musical at Resorts World Manila with the whole family even if it hurts a little for your pocket at P988 ticket prices (starting).
8. Tiendesitas, Fun Ranch and Ark or Avilon in Pasig City
9. Support the Filipino movie industry by watching any Metro Manila Film Festival entry at your favorite theaters.
10. For a really meaningful holiday season, visit any orphanage or charitable institution and share your blessings. It's the best way really to celebrate the holidays with the less fortunate...for a change!
No information if the zoos will be open on December 25 and January 1 so you have to take off Malabon Zoo, Manila Zoo and Avilon Zoo on the list. SM mall hours are usually 12nn to 9pm while similar schedules for Trinoma, Eastwood Mall, Bonifacio High Street and other popular malls.