Camp and Day Tour at Canigao Island Resort, Matalom, Leyte (Rates, Entrance Fee, How to Get There)
The island can be reached from the town of Bato by short southbound jeepney ride from Bato transport terminal then a short boat ride to the island.
|The "welcome arch" and lifeguard station on Canigao Island where you can also see the resort telephone numbers|
|the main beach with Matalom locals, facing the seashore of Matalom Town of Leyte Island|
|The small island, surrounded by white sand beach (with a small segment rocky coral stones), can be circled on foot for about fifteen minutes. there's also a nearby fish sanctuary where you can snorkel, freedive, if not SCUBA dive at the site|
Canigao Island Review:
The island is worth the visit by backpackers for a cheap place to stay, meet locals and eat seafood at low prices. The beach has fine white sand (though not as fine as you other famous beaches) it's actually good enough to stay a day or camp out overnight. There is barangay tanod (security) at the place, the beachfront is clean, even crystal clear water without any sign of pollution.
From Canigao Island, you can also do some sort of Leyte Island-Hopping by visiting Calanggaman Island in Palompon or the Quatro Islas (four islands) of Inopacan town: Digyo Island, Apid Island, Mahaba Island, and Himokilan Island
Canigao Island Resort:
Contact Number: +63.949.913.7893; +63.908.682.5781
Telephone Number: +63.53.569.9077
For reservation: +63.919.495.8961
The are no private rooms on Canigao Island, you can only find a camp site and a tent rental facility if you want an overnight camping stay. There's a small canteen serving snacks and softdrinks, water, juices but most of your food like fresh seafood, fishes can be ordered at the nearby pier (like the fish locally called mulmul and balyong sea shell, and bolinao fish)
Canigao Island Rates:
|Canigao Island Resort rates/entrance fee/price for cottage/overnight, chair/table rental, camping tent posted This is also where you pay your entrance fee|
How to get to Canigao Island, Matalom, Leyte:
For a map of Canigao Island via OpenStreetMap, please click here (map was updated by Tutubi when he visited the place, do help out in updating the best online map of the Philippines)
1. Book a flight to Tacloban (either ZestAir, Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines/PAL Express) or a ferry (2Go Travel) or an overnight ferry to Bato, Leyte (from Cebu or Ubay Bohol)
2. At Tacbloban Airport, ride the San Jose jeepney to Tacloban Transport terminal
3. At the terminal, take the shuttle/van/fx to Bato
4. at Bato terminal, ride the jeepney that goes to Matalom town and request the driver to drop you off to the road of Canigao Island (fare: minimum), travel time is about fifteen minutes
5. Walk to the pier or take a tricycle (minimum fare)
6. Take the short banca ride to Can Island
posted by GingGoy @ 11:08 PM,
- At May 15, 2013, 4:01:00 AM, Photo Cache said...
If only it's not too far :)
Hope you're having a fun summer.
- At May 17, 2013, 3:59:00 PM, Pinoy Adventurista said...
isa yan sa favorite ko sa Leyte! Canigao island! :)
- At May 17, 2013, 4:19:00 PM, GingGoy said...
Photo cache, if only i live near a beach :(
Pinoy Adventurista, yes, it cheap and safe. may bantay sa inyo while sleeping in your tents ;P