Enchanting Hong Kong Disneyland (Entrance Fee/Operating Hours)
Hong Kong Disneyland (香港迪士尼樂園), the smallest Disney-themed park, opened in 2005 and divided into four main attractions: Main Street, U.S.A. with it's US-style streets and buildings, Tomorrowland and futuristic rides and shows, Pirateland with Captain Jack Sparrow, and Fantasyland.
Tutubi will share pictures and tips here since many information can be gathered from Hong Kong Disneyland's official site.
The brass band, welcoming every visitor, not surprisingly, were all Filipinos :)
The entrance to Tomorrowland with its futuristic rides and shows
Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story
Mickey Mouse in pirate costume where visitors can pose with for pictures
a recommended ride at Pirateland that passes through a manmade river and jungle
Treasure Island with Tarzan's tree house made from synthetic materials
Chinese-looking Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean.
The Golden Mickeys
Elaborate costumes of the Little Mermaid part of the Golden Mickeys musical
a scene from Mulan
Lilo and Stitch. (There is a a nice futuristic encounter with these two in Tomorrowland)
Beauty and the Beast behind a translucent curtain
close up of beautiful indeed, Beauty (Tutubi was seated at the front row unobstructed. Pictures taken using 50mm lens, no flash allowed)
The Jungle Book (Rudyard Kipling) with Mowgli suspended in mid-air. (aperture set to 1.8 allowed to track such fast movement. canon's cheap yet sharp 50mm did the job :)
The Toy Story talking about friendship
Festival of the Lion King
Simba (the Lion King), Timon (the meerkat), and Pumbaa (the warty Warthog)
Many of the performers were, again, Filipinos, part of the Philippine Diaspora, some were reportedly from Ballet Philippines, Repertory Philippines and other theater group. (Tutubi loves musicals, that's why he gave emphasis on these, not the other usual rides)
Shortly before closing time at 8pm, Snow White's magical castle will be lit up by a spectacular fireworks display synchronized with various Disney music
The whole resort can be explored in a day, but be ready for the crowds especially on weekends.
How to get to Hong Kong Disneyland from the Airport:
Fastest is to take the MTR Tsuen Wan Line (it's easy to take the trains there but sometimes you need to transfer to other lines), transfer to the dedicated Disneyland Resort line at Sunny Bay Station. The train themselves sport the Disney theme.
Hong Kong Disneyland Entrance Fee/Admission rates: HK$450.00 HK$320.00 (children age 3-11), HK$100 (senior citizen)
UPDATED: July 2013
Tips on visiting Disneyland:
1. Do not book with your travel agency for their tours that costs HK$500/person against HK$295 + MTR (HK$19 one way from Prince Edward MTR Station) for DIYers. Save on money and time as well since you don't have to wait for other people.
2. Park opens at 10am. a spectacular fireworks display at 8pm. A full day is required to be able to avail of all rides and shows.
3. At the entrance, secure a copy of the park map and schedules. Note the show times of various performances like Golden Mickeys (particularly the English version), Festival of the Lion King et alii. Be at the gate early if you want front row seats (like Tutubi) to take pictures without heads obstructing your view or present in the frame of your picture.
4. Bring your tripod to take photos of the spectacular fireworks at 8pm. Look for a position that's above the rest of the people in front of Show White's Castle (that gets filled with people, Tutubi made this mistake once, don't tell him he didn't warn you.)
5. Bring sunblock, towels and bottled water. Bottled water inside the park costs HK$10 and up. There are guards stationed at the entrance to check baggages. Don't know if food is not allowed to be brought inside though.
6. There are stores inside that offers transfer of your pictures to a CD, to save on memory card space, for a fee, of course!
7. Various restaurants mostly American food and some Chinese available e.g. hotdog sandwiches at HK$20 each.
8. There's Disneyland Hotel and Hollywood Hotel nearby for those who can afford it. The downside though is that it's far from the main tourist areas of Hong Kong but you can find cheap hotels in Hong Kong and use the different means of transportation the city offers to find your way to Disneyland.
Related posts about Hong Kong:
Backpacking Hong Kong
Hong Kong Shopping Guide and Tips
Hong Kong City Tour
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
Jose Rizal in Hong Kong
Hong Kong in Philippine History
OFWs in Hong Kong
Duk Ling: A Free Tour of Victoria Harbour
Victoria Harbour Cruise
A Symphony of Lights
Ngong Ping 360, Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, Wisdom Path
UPDATED: August 2013
Labels: Hong Kong
posted by backpacking philippines @ 9:56 PM,
- At Sep 3, 2007, 6:51:00 PM, Ferdz said...
Parang mag -eenjoy ako dyan ah. Parang bata ang excitement ko. Tinitignan ko pa lang. Hehe
- At Sep 3, 2007, 9:54:00 PM, kyels said...
I'm sure you enjoyed your trip to HK Disneyland! And love the photos, especially Buzz Lightyear; he reminds me of my crush with Toy Story!
- At Sep 4, 2007, 5:18:00 AM, pieterbie said...
I didn't know they had a Disneyland over there. The last time I went to Paris I really enjoyed the Mulan show.
- At Sep 4, 2007, 5:51:00 AM, carlotta said...
grabe tagal ko nang di nakakapunta ng disneyland. mukhang masaya jan, meron silang mga ibang attractions gaya nung pirateland. did you happen to see a pinoy guy with dreadlocks sa parade?
- At Sep 5, 2007, 1:01:00 AM, Toe said...
I love the fireworks. Maybe because it's in Hongkong, it could rival the fireworks in the Disneylands in the States. Galing... Pinoys are in the musicals!
- At Sep 5, 2007, 3:14:00 AM, SexyMom said...
HK Disneyland must be exciting. when i was passing through HK in the past, disneyland was not there yet. and i still remember my HK holidays.
- At Sep 5, 2007, 8:20:00 AM, Photo Cache said...
i remember my disneyland experience..i totally dug the pirates ride and this was way before the movie came out. should go there again in a few years.
- At Sep 5, 2007, 9:58:00 AM, Wil said...
I'm not really a Disney fan, but the Asian Jack Sparrow is pretty funny. hehehe. I wonder if he speaks with an English or an Asian accent. ;)
- At Sep 5, 2007, 1:50:00 PM, nini said...
thanks for sharing all these pics. such an indirect way to travel - to visit your blog.
- At Sep 5, 2007, 5:08:00 PM, kegler747 said...
It's been a more than a year since I set foot sa HK Disneyland. Can't wait to go their again para malaman ko kung may improvements na.
- At Sep 5, 2007, 8:36:00 PM, Major Tom said...
Amazing sights! Talagang wala pa ring tatalo sa Disneyland...No.1 pa rin...
- At Sep 6, 2007, 9:05:00 AM, Dennis said...
Great! Now I have more interestingreason to go to HK. Mura lang yung ibinibigay sa aking mpckage ng isang travel agency and Disneyland is part of the itinerary
- At Sep 6, 2007, 10:06:00 AM, tutubi said...
ferdz, i loved the pirateland cruise and the two musicals :)
kyels, toy story, eh? wonder who that is :P
pieterbie, gay paris. i will also go there...wish :)
carlotta, dreadlocks on parade? i missed the parade there since we're busy inside the shows and attractions . it's too hot even if it's cloudy :(
toe, maybe you'll also want to take a look of my fireworks pictures.
sexymom, your HK trip must've been a long time ago. visit HK again :)
photo cache, for me the pirateland jungle boat cruise is the best there. pirates of the carribean is the only movie that came out after the characters were already featured by Disney.
wil, heavy chinese accent for the chinese capt jack sparrow. there's another one roaming around where you can take pictures of. In fact, he's the only one i posed with for a photo :)
nini, please visit agai...and again...and again
kegler747, maybe not much improvements. HK disney is small. i'd rather explore other places if given the chance to return there
major tom, how about the planned theme park of Harry Potter? I want to visit the set of "the lord of the rings" particularly the place of the hobbits in new zealand :)
dennis, be wary of cheap HK packages. please read an earlier post about free HK city tour. be forewarned
- At Sep 6, 2007, 3:29:00 PM, dodongflores said...
Wow! Ayos ang parade ng mga photos complete with description. I wish I can also visit that HK Disneyland in my lifetime. When I was there, wala pang Disneyland and we only opt to visit Ocean Park.
OMG! Ito ang gusto ko...
- At Sep 6, 2007, 8:28:00 PM, CM said...
I wish I could go there too.. thanks for sharing! love the fireworks! :)
i visited your fireworks pictures. Nakapunta rin ako nung pyro. Alam mo ba kung anong bansa nanalo?
- At Sep 7, 2007, 11:13:00 AM, Rochelle said...
My 7 year old is wanting to go there so bad! I wouldn't mind myself! Thanks for sharing. :) Great pics!
- At Sep 7, 2007, 1:57:00 PM, Mari said...
Capt. Jack Sparrow is pretty funny. But, well, I guess they have to stick with the locals as performers, although our own Pinoys are not. But, then again, it just goes to show that we are versatile.
- At Jun 11, 2008, 9:41:00 PM, nina said...
Been to Disneyland Paris pero bitin. I'm bringing my niece to Disneyland HK next summer and both of us can't wait...
- At Mar 25, 2009, 11:23:00 AM, said...
Anong agency kay kumuha ang package sa Hk disneyland?
- At Mar 25, 2009, 1:13:00 PM, backpacking philippines said...
anonymous, not from an agency. i got a cheap flight to hongkong via cebu pacific then booked my hotel thru an agency. all the rest I did on my own including going to hong kong disneyland. it's much cheaper than getting a package since it's very easy to get there by MTR. entrance fee to Hong Kong disneyland is HK$295 with MTR about HK64 round trip while the package is HK$500 whole day tour, you can see how much savings i got :P
- At Jul 14, 2009, 2:59:00 PM, Herbert said...
I love Disney theme parks even though my age is waaay past the calendars can project.
I do hope that one day, they would decide to add theme parks here in the Philippines other than Enchanted Kingdom. Even if it's not Disney.
- At Jul 14, 2009, 9:34:00 PM, backpacking philippines said...
herbert, heard there's gonna be a Universal Studios theme park in the future Pagcor entertainment city near SM Mall of Asia
- At Jul 17, 2009, 10:45:00 PM, beybs rofule said...
hi! Thanks for sharing disney.... i have been there (HK Disney) last 2008 and yup... though past 40 yrs old i enjoyed the trip so much together with some team mates who attended a conference also and did some side trips to disney. Kaya lang its pretty expensive ang food and souvenirs. what we did instead of buying inside the popular minnie/mickey stuff toys we got ours inside a watson store where label and quality eh pareho. Yung mabibili inside disney you can get at least 2 pcs at watson...sounds more practical di ba?
if you want to enjoy and have fun... disney is the place. i hope to bring my kids this year...sana matuloy..or after the h1n1 virus fade... keep it flowing... its worth the page! Cheers!
- At Jul 18, 2009, 10:18:00 AM, backpacking philippines said...
beybs, yes pasalubong shopping in Hong kong disneyland is really expensive. you can also buy some, though i don't think original but more for office pasalubong, at the ladies market in Mongkok. SOuvenirs are less expensive outside and cheap at the market
- At Sep 10, 2009, 6:09:00 PM, Karachi Hotel said...
This is a great collection of these beautiful places.I like the manmade river and jungle.
- At Feb 15, 2010, 8:38:00 PM, Romantic bed and breakfasts said...
This is a great place for fun, excitement, curiosity and entertainment for all of the family and it lasts forever and unforgettable journey as well.
- At May 30, 2010, 7:43:00 AM, said...
hi there we were planning to have a vacation at disneyland hongkong but as i red their rules and regulations which states there they not allowed photography inside the park, is this true?
- At May 30, 2010, 4:05:00 PM, backpacking philippines said...
anonymous, if that's true you wouldn't see lots of pictures of hong kong disneyland here :P
- At Jul 12, 2010, 11:46:00 AM, said...
any suggestions for a cheaper and safe hotel in hongkong?
- At Aug 20, 2011, 7:59:00 AM, said...
Hmm....parang gusto ko tuloy try mag visit sa HK disneyland.
- At Jan 16, 2012, 8:40:00 PM, said...
any promos for a cheaper vacation
- At Jan 10, 2013, 5:19:00 PM, said...
Hi!, just want to know if the park entrance fee includes all the rides and shows inside or you have to pay separately for that? Thanks.
- At Jan 11, 2013, 5:24:00 PM, said...
Does the park entrance fee you mentioned above includes all the rides and shows inside the park?