Palawan: How to Get to Puerto Princesa Underground River: Map, Fare, Tour Rates/Entrance Fee
UPDATED: April 2013
how to get to Puerto Princesa Underground River in Palawan:
Getting there is really not easy the backpacking way, as there's still unreliable public transportation to get there but there were and are many foreigners who tried.
1. Book a flight to Puerto Princesa (via Philippine Airlines, PAL Express, Cebu Pacific or ZestAir, or slow ferry to Puerto Princesa via 2Go Travel SuperFerry if you have the the time but not the moolah) or a RORO bus to Puerto Princesa
2. Book your access to Puerto Princesa Underground River Online or visit the Booking office near PP Airport:
2.1 Book online by visit the official online booking website here
or visit the booking office:
2.2 From Puerto Princesa Airport, ride a tricycle to Underground River Booking Office. Don't forget this step, you can't just show up in Sabang as they limit tourists to about 600 per day.
Call Contact Number: +63.48.434.2509; +63.48.723.0904; +63.48.723.2563
Park Rates and Other Fees Local International
Underground River Entrance Fee
Adult P 100.00 P 150.00
Minor P 75.00 P 100.00
Underground River Tour Rate (Boat Ride Price):
Adult P 175.00 P 250.00
Minor P 100.00 P 150.00
Commercial Video Fee P 3,000.00
3. From your hotel, ride a tricycle to New Market terminal (fare: around PhP15.00)
4. At San Jose New Market Transportation terminal, ride jeepneys going to Sabang, Puerto Princesa (it's still part of mayor Hagedorn's city, not another town of Palawan). Fare: PhP125.00 (first trip at 7am, last trip at 3pm, travel time: 2 hours). Return trip from Sabang to Puerto Princesa last trip is at 2pm daily.
5. In Sabang, proceed to the Tourism office to book your boat to Puerto Princesa Underground River cave entrance
6. Near the cave entrance, enlist for another boat, good for 6 people, to ferry you inside and out of the longest navigable underwater river in the world.
7. Enjoy one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature! :P
Note that the Puerto Princesa public transportation terminal is at San Jose New Market, a jeepney ride (signboard: New Market, fare PhP12.00) or tricycle ride from Puerto Princesa Airport (fare: around PhP15.00)
How to Get to Sabang from El Nido:
Follow this post on How to get to El Nido from Sabang to get an idea as it's just the reverse.
Note: Prices, costs, rates and fares may change without prior notice, mainly due to skyrocketing gasoline prices. Expect fare hikes anytime soon. Tutubi will update this from time to time by calling his friend in Palawan (sorry, can't post his contact number here for privacy)
Related posts on Palawan:
Puerto Princesa Airport
How to get to El Nido from Sabang
Palawan Underground River
Jungle Trek to Puerto Princesa Underground River
Palawan Accommodations in Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Cheap Palawan Package Tours
posted by backpacking philippines @ 9:14 PM,
- At Feb 20, 2012, 12:40:00 PM, Philippines Wedding Information said...
It's more fun in the philippines !
- At Feb 21, 2012, 10:57:00 AM, Planet Earth Travel said...
This is quite easy to follow. Thank you for posting this information on how to get to Palawan. One of best Island that you can visit in the Philippines.
Cool post and Thank you.
- At May 3, 2012, 4:03:00 PM, The Happy Feet said...
The information you shared will help me a lot in my Palawan trip this coming August. Thanks! Am excited hehe!
- At Feb 8, 2013, 10:22:00 PM, angel sabinay said...
hi, is there any van for hire going to sabang, we're a big group and we will arrive at the airport at around 4-5pm so we will not be able to catch the last trip of the jeepney ride :( any idea on how much the van would cost? thank u!:)
- At Feb 10, 2013, 7:16:00 PM, backpacking philippines said...
angel, yes. vans for hire to sabang at new san jose new market. van rental rates no idea but perhaps in the P3k up prices
- At Mar 27, 2013, 2:16:00 AM, Krissy said...
Hi, aren't there any fees for boat rides? I'm totalling the entire fees and they just amount to almost P200. Very far from the P1,500 tour package that I see from the net.
- At Mar 31, 2013, 6:26:00 PM, backpacking philippines said...
Krissy, the fees for the reservation and the actual boat ride not posted. will update this soon
- At May 4, 2013, 9:12:00 PM, Larissa said...
Hi! What's the difference between Underground River Entrance Fee and Underground River Tour Entrance Fee? Thanks! :)
- At May 6, 2013, 9:49:00 AM, backpacking philippines said...
larissa, i updated the information above to differentiate. the entrance fee is more like environmental fee to the underground river, the other fee is for the price of the banca ride to tour you inside the underground river and caves (there are six persons per boat plus the boatman/guide)
- At Jan 5, 2016, 10:33:00 AM, Unknown said...
How to get there
- At Mar 12, 2016, 11:06:00 AM, Philipe Fankhauser said...
Hi! You can conveniently book the Underground River online under ppur.com.ph