Makati Green Frog Hybrid Bus Route Map via Gil Puyat, Schedules and Fare
Green Frog company is bringing in hybrid buses from China to ply the route connecting the LRT on Taft Avenue to the MRT on EDSA via Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue (Buendia).
In order to ride, you need prepaid cards (much like Octopus of Hong Kong and EZlink of Singapore, a system soon to be available in the Philippines, government is just taking too long to implement it but Tutubi is privy that it's happening soon) that you can use for ten (10) rides (from your conductor) at a cost of PhP150 + PhP30 (card deposit). The next card you purchase will only cost PhP150 plus the old card.
Senator Gil Puyat Bus Stops and landmarks
1. LRT (Sen. Gil Puyat Station, Taft Avenue/LBC (Start/End of Line)
2. Tramo (by E Games by the river).
3. Bautista (Big red building)
4. Filmore (by UniOil gas station)
5. PNR (near Cityland, Mayapis)
6. Roces (formerly Pasong Tamo)/CEU by Burgundy Building
7. Makati Med/Ayala (Tropical Hut)
8. FEU (One Central and The Columns)
9. Mapua (coner of Reposo (Nicanor Garcia))
10. Makati Avenue (before Pacific Star Building)
11. Paseo de Roxas (cor of Paseo de Roxas and Buendia)
12. Edsa/MRT (by the overpass, in front of Urdaneta Gate)
Via Kalayaan Avenue
13. Palawan St. (by 32nd St entrance of The Fort)
14. Yabut Circle (after pedestrian lane, Andoks)
15. Commercio (after intersection, after pedestrian lane)
16. Lawton/Gate One.
17 11th Avenue (PhilPlans building)
18. Pili (on the bus shelter after overpass)
19. C5 (at the corner of Kalayaan C5)
20. C5 Buting (below pedestrian walkway by the loading and unloading station of buses and jeeps. (Start and end of the line)
The bus stop to MRT Buendia Station is quite far from the Urdaneta gate. This is a turn off for people averse to walking (especially when it's raining or very hot as the walkway is not covered) and would probably still take the jeepneys in front of DBP Building to get to MRT. Those people may not be the target of Green Frog though
There's an on-going negotiation to extend the route to SM Mall of Asia
Tutubi hopes LTFRB and Makati City government put a plan on phasing out the old, polluting and traffic-causing jeepneys plying the routes Washington - MRT/Bel-air and and reduce the Guadalupe - LRT/Cartimar via Buendia EDSA routes while considering the impact to livelihood of affected jeepney drivers (did you know: most jeepney operators don't pay taxes, it's the jeepney drivers sweating it out to make money through the medieval boundary system)
Now, a similar jeepney route should be in place that pass by Ayala Avenue from LRT to MRT to connect with The Fort Bus to get to Bonifacio Global City and reduce the number of buses passing by Ayala Avenue going to SM Mall of Asia, Baclaran and MIA (NAIA Terminal 1 and 2).
Unlike all other city and provincial buses, hybrid buses have CCTV cameras, thieves and robbers can be identified so beware.
Makati City and LTO/LTFRB should also rid Makati CBD of colorums depriving jeepney drivers of income from passengers but provides regular income to traffic enforcers who receive payola for letting them operate.
How much is the bus fare? Flat fare of PhP20 for single bus ride one way or P15 if you purchase the prepaid card (PhP150 load, good for 10 rides + PhP30 card deposit)
Trip Schedule: 5am to 9pm Monday to Friday; Saturday: 5am - 9am and 4pm - 8pm, no trips on Sunday with trip frequency 30-40 minutes apart
Green Frog Bus
Contact Number: +63.2.511.7973
posted by GingGoy @ 10:57 PM,
- At Jun 5, 2013, 9:14:00 PM, makati hotels said...
yes please! we do need more healthy alternatives to the traffic situation in MM! Already too many buses and jeeps plying the road and contributing to the pollution!
- At Jul 22, 2016, 6:45:00 PM, said...
Nice project but fare is too expensive. Also, please check all your buses. We experienced showering inside the bus.