DFA: How to Apply for Passport Validity Extension: Fees and Appointment Schedule
Worse, even if you get an earlier passport renewal appointment, the very efficient guys at the DFA cannot deliver your passport due to passport printer issues and huge backlogs.
Solution: apply for a passport validity extension for free, for a maximum of one year, subject to evaluation
Procedure on How to Apply for Passport Validity Extension
1. Confirm with DFA ASEANA or various DFA Regional Offices for appointment schedule for passport extension. This post is for the DFA NCR-Central, Office of Consular Affairs
in Robinsons Galleria mall in Quezon City. Other malls in NCR with DFA offices are SM Megamall in Mandaluyong and
Passport extension applications are processed in the afternoon at DFA Robinsons Galleria, after the 150 passport applicants are done, with priority given to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs)
2. At DFA or OCA office, line up for the Passport Application Form and queue number issuance
3. Fill out passport application form and queue at the Verification Counter to submit the form
4. Proceed to cashier (passport extension fee is free/gratis but a necessary step)
5. Wait for another 30 minutes for the release of passport with extended validity stamp
In Summary (Rant mode):
How to Apply DFA Passport Extension:
1. Visit DFA Aseana (near SM Mall of Asia) or any DFA Regional Office
2. Line up for the Form (which the bright people of DFA hasn't thought of making available online) and queue number
3. Line up again at the Verification counter to submit the form (wait for your queue number to be called)
4. After checking your verfication documents, and signing of logbook
5. Proceed to cashier, just to stamp that it's free as in gratis
6. Wait for 30 minutes for your name to be called
7. Receive your passport extended validity with a stamp
Total Time Wasted: FOUR freakin' HOURS due to government inefficiency of huge passport printing backlog
Other DFA Regional Offices:
Angeles City, Bacolod, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro (CDO), Cebu, Cotabato, Davao, GenSan, Iloilo, San Fernando (La Union), Legazpi, Lipa City, Lucena, Pampanga Robinsons StarMill City of San Fernando, Pampanga Puerto Princesa (Palawan), Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga
OFW OEC Scam
DFA Passport Application in SM Megamall and Robinsons Galleria
Green Star Express
Labels: Philippine Passports
posted by GingGoy @ 8:16 PM,
- At Dec 28, 2015, 6:49:00 PM, the-worldwide said...
Very informative post. Thanks a lot for sharing.
- At Aug 26, 2016, 5:07:00 PM, PizzaPeppa said...
Very detailed informative post. Do you know if this is still good for 2016? Also what reason did you give the DFA? Would travel-related work issues suffice? Because I read at their website they only allow people with dying relatives to have a passport extension now.